Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thank God. Tuesdays This Fall.


You want to see Americans become activists? Cancel a TV show they like.

My favorite show last year, “Happy Endings,” was canceled, and I was just pissed that idiots would rather watch reality shows and competition shows than a brilliant, hilariously-scripted show.

But I regained hope after my friend Chris sent me a clip from a pilot that NBC just picked up for the fall called “Marry Me.” I liked it a lot, and then looked up who created the show, and was thrilled to find out it was David Caspe, creator/showrunner of “Happy Endings.” He’s back.

Click above for the clip, just after you read comedian Dana Gould’s take on reality shows:

“You are watching people that are not actors, in phony situations, created by people who are not writers. And the non-actors are second-guessing how they think you would like to see them behave were the situation genuine – which it isn’t – and you are passably observing this. You’re technically not even alive at this point. You are watching an amateur production of NOTHING.”