Thursday, September 19, 2013

And No, It Wasn’t Written By My Mother. Or Me.

Some of my proudest moments have been when a website told me my password was “very strong.”

I’m easily flattered. So imagine how I felt yesterday when the director of a film I was in a few years ago (in which I played a cop) passed along a comment he received:

“My wife really thought that Cherish came off as kinda vampy. Haha. I thought she was fine. Kelly was a very good lead. But I must say, of all the actors in the movie, Matt Shevin said your lines like you guys are one person. He really complimented your words with his performance. My only complaint is that he disappeared for a little bit of a stretch. Possibly the funnest most likeable character of the bunch for me. Every time he was onscreen I was happy.” 

What the what?! Looks like the position for my new stalker has been filled.

Seriously though, as actors we rarely get feedback that lets us know we’re on the right path. I’m grateful as hell.