Monday, April 29, 2013

This Weekend In Rage.

When it comes to my neighbors using the washer and dryer we share, I’m like a complaining shark. I have to keep complaining forward.

I only share the machines with one other unit, and over the years most of the tenants really know how to make Hulk mad. There was the dude that literally did laundry 24/7 even though he wore the same shit every day, and the couple that would leave wet clothes in the washing machine for four days, then wonder why the machine was rusty. Pardon me while I run it by Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Meanwhile, when I do laundry it’s like a damn military extraction. One load a week. 90 minutes and I get the eff out of Fallujah.

A new couple moved in a year ago, so I decided to try a passive aggressive, preemptive strike by telling them about the previous tenants screwing me royally with the washer/dryer. For a year, the new couple were like well-trained puppies. Then over the weekend they pissed all over my couch.

The machines ran from Friday evening through yesterday afternoon. At one point, for some reason they did a load of just four teddy bears (perhaps to wash the blood of out them), even though they don’t have kids. The major problem was, I had a big workshop Sunday morning in front of seven casting directors, in which I needed to dress in a suit, but thanks to last week’s shoot, two auditions and a callback that all required me to wear suits, I was all out of black socks. So I went to the workshop yesterday in a dark suit with white socks. Klassy.

Quick audition tip – unless your scene calls specifically for you to sit, choose to stand. It creates much better energy. Yesterday’s workshop scene involved me playing a doctor in the middle of a consultation, so I rehearsed it sitting, then realized that revealed my white socks, so I stood when I performed it. In this particular workshop, the casting directors provide critiques, which are later emailed to us. Below are mine. Pay particular attention to one of them:

“Really good body language, great look, nice comedic timing, very funny delivery, fascinating to watch but would like to see scene sitting, great job, good levels.”

Yep. I guess what I’m trying to say is: next week, if my neighbors ask you if you know anything about someone throwing a cup of bleach into their colored wash, you saw nothing.