Monday, April 15, 2013

The La Brea Tar Pits: An iPhone™ Photo Gallery.

“Brea” is Spanish for tar, which makes the name of this place the redundant equivalent of wearing a belt and suspenders to hold up your trousers.

Or just ask a married fella.

I would love to have this animatronic saber-tooth cat attacking a sloth in my living room. Why? Two words: the ladies.

You’re an animal who gets stuck in tar. Other animals attack you, kill you, and your remains stay trapped in the tar for 11,000 years, until finally, one day, what’s left of you is liberated. And put right into salsa jars.

Before you think it’s sweet that I’m holding my nephew in the reflection of this sabre-tooth cat exhibit, keep in mind if that cat came to life Night at the Museum style, I wouldn’t hesitate to use my nephew as a human shield.