Saturday, April 13, 2013

F Them.

Unfortunately for a certain online company, I have off-road rage, too.

I blogged about my credit card being stolen last month, which was a major pain in the ass. Yesterday, I received a letter from Shoplet.com, saying:

“We recently learned of a security incident that resulted in the disclosure of the credit card information, names and addresses associated with your account.” 

And then:

“As a valued customer, we would like to offer you 10% off your next order with Shoplet.com.” 

These bullshitters didn’t notify me out of the kindness of their hearts – they were required to by law. But then to offer me a whole 10% of another purchase as their way of saying sorry? Just wait ‘til I call I them on Monday (yep – closed all weekend. Their security department is only outdone by their customer service department). I promise it’ll get ugly.

I’d also like to ask everyone out there to go one better than them (11%?) in appeasing me by never, ever buying something on their site. Especially if you’re fond of your current credit card digits.

Shoplet.com – as a valued website, I would like to offer you a 100% boycott.