Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hometown Hero.

If you don’t want me to be interested in what you’re working on, simply describe it as a “passion project.”

Unless you’re Nick Kroll. Nick is a super talent whose new show on Comedy Central – “Kroll Show” – just got picked up for a second season, a nearly impossible feat on that network.

Nick grew up in the same suburb of NYC as me. (I mentioned last week that Jason Bateman also lived there until the age of four.) He comes from an obscenely wealthy family (they lived in an enormous house on the water, and owned the home next door, which my mom, a real estate agent, says they used to rent to Alex Rodriguez for $34,000/month), which makes it all the more impressive that Nick (or as my mother calls him, Nicholas) came out to LA, put in his dues for years and to this day works his ass off to keep his show on the air.

And the show is on tonight, and I highly recommend you DVR it because it’s hilarious. And while you’re at it, feel free to give all the guys from Rye, NY your unmitigated support.