Thursday, February 21, 2013

Back Off.

Sometimes my life is like a really broad sitcom where no one would believe the premises.

I received this email yesterday from one of the readers of my blog:

“I was approached by a guy online who shared your pics, claiming they were him. When I brought up your site and blog he claimed they were his alias... He has these pictures on a few gay dating sites now. 

Not sure if you want to press charges for copyright infringement. If you do, let me know and I can give you all the information I have on him.” 

Thanks so much for the heads-up. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it probably isn’t a good thing for an actor to have some dude representing himself with my pics and saying lord knows what to men online. On the other hand, I’m strangely flattered – I’m gay catfish bait!

I wonder which pics he used. Hopefully ones featuring my good side. And definitely not the one of me in the commercial, dressed as a bottle of hot sauce. That’s gotta repel both men and chicks.

But seriously, to the guy using my photos: do me a favor and just take them down. I don’t know exactly why you feel the need to dupe men (though I imagine as a child you were hugged either way too little or way too much), but there’s a great big world out there with great fun things to occupy your time, and someone real and special that you ain’t gonna find unless you shut down the laptop and leave the house. Even Bruce Vilanch gets laid. So get after ‘em.

*Late last night, the guy who clued me in to all this was kind enough to send me a screen-grab of one of the profiles. Not cool dragging Ricky into this, douche: