Thursday, December 6, 2012

Watch Your Back, Lipton.

One of the chief reasons I began writing online was to convince aspiring actors, who for any number of reasons were hesitant to pursue their dreams, to go boldly and jump in, and I won’t stop until every one of them does just that. And once I’ve accomplished this feat, I’ll retire this blog and move on to my new one, in which I try to convince hipsters that suicide is ironic.

I’ve been getting some really nice emails recently, and one in particular really made my day:

Hi Matt, 

My name is Dasha. I just read your blog and find it extremely funny! I have been wanting to laugh for a continuous amount of time now and your blog did that for me-thank you! 

I attend the Actors Studio! Drama School, at Pace University. That's right; I am getting my MFA! We sit in on the tapings, although I have to admit that I shared your blog with my classmates and some of us will be following you now religiously. 

At any rate, thank you! I hope that LA is treating you well. I love it there (I am not from there but lived there for a bit and plan on pursuing a career there in the future). 

Kind Regards, 
Dasha 

Thanks so much, Dasha. You keep reading ‘em and I’ll keep writing ‘em.