Monday, November 5, 2012

It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like… Hey, I Know That Dude.

There was nothing quite like the smell of Grandma’s house at Christmas. That’s when we found her dead on the toilet.

Actually, as Jews we were denied Christmas, but our neighbors invited us over out of pity to help decorate their tree every year, and I’ve loved the holiday ever since.

And over the weekend, the holiday campaign I shot for PetSmart began running. The first piece was a big poster in the front window of me capturing a moment with the family. (It was a big Escher painting-esque as I snapped of pic of me from behind me snapping a pic.)

There will be several more ads in the next six weeks that’ll be in-store, on PetSmart’s website and in circulars sent to your home and in Sunday papers – many of them featuring me more prominently, such as my fake wife and I sharing a moment with a cat, and me as the dad of the family playing Santa. By the way, I fully believe having to wear a Santa suit in July in front of a roaring fire was me literally roasting in Hell for posing ironically with PetSmart Santas twice. (Both here, and here.)

So drop by and check me out. And if you really must bring a Sharpie and tag my face, I only ask you keep it tasteful: mustaches and goatees, as opposed to penises on my mouth. Thanks.