Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The PetSmart Print Shoot: An iPhone™ Photo Gallery.

Most of the shoot took place in this gorgeous house. Well, it was gorgeous until teamsters had full access to the bathrooms for two days.

The crew played music throughout the shoot, and thought it would be hilarious to crank Barry White while my pseudo-wife and I cozied up with our pet cat. If I’m blushing in the ads, you’ll understand why.

All I want for Christmas is this Snowboy, complete with shoulder straps so I can wear it on my back and walk around spreading year-round cheer at parties (or into friends’ pants when they least expect it.)

A scosche of irony: I have a tradition of taking Christmas photos with Santa and my dog at PetSmart – often humorously – and fate tagged me back hard as I had to dress as a dad in a Santa outfit in what will become an ad promoting… yes… taking your pet to PetSmart to be photographed with Santa. (Also ironic: I’m Jewish.)

And when you’re in a full Santa outfit and beard in front of a roaring, wood-burning fireplace in July, you may be smiling, but on the inside you are not jolly.