Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Recap: I Eat My Ass Off Edition.

I was super early for my haircut in Beverly Hills, so I went one block over to the best pizza in LA: Mulberry Street. So authentically New York, they leave a New York Post at every setting. Saturday’s top story, edging out Turkey attacking Syria: “NUT JOB! Held slain lover’s testicles.”

Saturday night, Mezzomondo in Studio City, whose lasagna is the best in the world. My friends and I love it so much that when we walked into the place, the owner pointed at us and said, “Lasagna!” We called an audible however, and ordered spinach and ricotta cheese ravioli, substituting a mushroom, peas and cream sauce for the butter and sage sauce. We chose wisely.

Lunch yesterday: crispy chicken sandwich with Swiss cheese and spicy slaw at Hillstone in Santa Monica. Question: putting your restaurant’s name on your dishes: classy, or theft deterrent?

I realize ordering a turkey burger at Umami in Studio City is like going into a Dunkin’ Donuts and ordering a cruller, but I made my decision, and I stand by it.

Menchie’s, featuring the racially insensitive “pure vanilla” frozen yogurt. (With yummy, tiny peanut butter cups on top.)