Thursday, September 13, 2012

Nine Ain’t Enough.

My friend Andrew is a big sports fan. So big, in fact, he and sports should just get a room.

The other night, he went to an open house at the Phoenix Coyote’s hockey arena, in which they let fans roam the place in the hoping to entice them into buying season tickets.

In a corner of the Coyotes’ locker room, Andrew came across the pucks you see above, which were game-winners from the Coyotes’ surprisingly remarkable run in the playoffs last season. 16 wins would have earned them the Stanley Cup; they were stopped at nine. 

Actually, I am all about people who pursue goals and dreams and any and all motivators they use to get there. When I switched living arrangements with my sister-in-law (in a nutty yet convenient maneuver, when she married my brother, movers took my shit from his house, brought it to her apartment, then moved her stuff in with him) a bottle of champagne had been left behind in her old (and now my new) fridge.

I immediately reserved it for some huge acting achievement, with no idea what that might be. My friend Chad later told me, “When the time comes, you’ll know.”

I’ve done a whole bunch I’m proud of in my career, but the champagne is still there, and I see it multiple times each day, waiting for the big triumph. But this year, something’s different. I’ve been having my favorite year of my life, and I’ve got a good feeling that that champagne will be hitting my ceiling before 2012 is over and there’s gonna be one drunk actor with one drunk Pit Bull puppy to blog about. You’ll be the first to know.