Friday, July 20, 2012

We’re Already Doing Better.

I don’t pretend for a second to be an expert on politics or social science or diplomacy. I learned all of my history from “We Didn’t Start The Fire.”

That said, maybe it’s the economy or the heat but people seem a little extra aggro lately. I watched two dudes at my gym come to blows over whose turn it was to use the pull-down machine. Really, guys?

Weeks before Will McAvoy from “The Newsroom” began proclaiming “I’m on a mission to civilize!”, I came across this very moving collection of photos and passed it along to my friends Bru and Aina, and we decided to start pointing out the true kindness in people.

Label me a hippie or call me a lunatic (I really don’t give a shit), but yesterday in West LA I came upon a homeless man – pictured above – and someone had left him some food from a nearby Starbucks while he was sleeping. Call me crazy all you want, but this might just be crazy enough to work.