Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mic Side.

I don’t care what appointment, gig, funeral or invasive medical procedure I have scheduled – the day the Jets get to the Super Bowl I am faking mercury poisoning and attending that game.

The really tricky part is the Jets actually making it. I mean, has anyone on the team even driven by a Super Bowl?

I actually had the pleasure of attending six Super Bowl games all this past Saturday. My friend Jeff asked me to come back and do the PA announcing for his kids’ football league, and I made the most of it. For instance, when a team called the Red Raiders scored, I went to town: “TOUCH DOWNNNN RED RRRAAAAAAIDERRRRS.” And when I announced the rosters at the end of each game, I bypassed the NFL and went NBA style. Santonio Holmes became “SANTOOOOONIOO HOOOOOOOOLMMMMMES.”

I think everyone should experience hearing their name announced dramatically at least once. So if you’re getting married or arraigned or whatever, call me.