Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Recap.

Hell yeah that’s the real cover of the New York Post on Saturday, and that is some my-t-fine journalism. The Yankees ruined Fenway Park’s 100th anniversary by beating up on the Red Sox Friday and Saturday, and I was so excited for them to sweep the series last night that I pre-shit my pants. But I forgot that all it does is rain back east, and the game was postponed… Went to a wine bar north of LA in Valencia on Friday night and was kicked out early as the place closed at 11 p.m. 11 p.m.? Pardon me while I log onto Yelp, the 2012 equivalent of throwing a trash can through their front window… On a related note, my LA Times delivery guy is in the habit of throwing my paper under a rain gutter, where morning dew destroys it. So this was me, on the phone with the Times’ customer service rep: “What kind of Christmas tip do you think I’m going to give this guy if he keeps doing this?” Rep: “I’m sorry sir, I don’t have that information in front of me.” Best line of the weekend.