Monday, June 13, 2011

Blogger Up.

As much as I try to focus on balls and strikes every Sunday night, I find myself processing my games as both a player and a writer. And afterward, I write recaps for my teammates in the form of a blog. I haven’t shared anything I’ve written for them on here because the content is far too obscure, but I did post something last night that may be a little more universal. Here’s an excerpt:

It’s not quite clear what qualified Michael Bolton to put out a hitting instruction video ten years ago. But if his pitch selection is as spot-on as his format selection (VHS), he might be just what the doctor ordered to fix our offense.

Michael would put his hair in a scrunchie and get down to business, doing everything in his power to snap the current losing streak. He’d quote his own lyrics, work the fact that he used to bang Ashley Judd into every pep talk and he wouldn’t rest until we became the kind of team with balls big enough to put our last names on the fronts of our jerseys.

We’d be a rock and roll team in an adult contemporary league, and have the bejeweled championship t-shirts to prove it. And we’d love you, Hermosa Beach. God bless.