Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekend Over.

In a nice but overwhelming new trend, commercial auditions have begun occurring not only on weekdays, but on Saturdays. Tack that on to the weeknights and Saturday mornings I spend at workshops, plus my new improv class that meets for three hours Sunday afternoons, and it's time to break out the crisis pants. Again.

My class met for the first time last Sunday. The classroom features the curtain pictured above, whose color scheme I fear may cause me Japanime-like seizures. I’m in the third level of Upright Citizens Brigade, and it’s challenging as hell. But if I’m not scaring myself, I’m not learning. Let’s just say I’m learning a ton.

Sometimes I feel like I’m a slave to my career, but then I remember who’s cracking the whip. In the meantime, I want you all to make sure you have a kickass weekend, right? Right.