Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Of All, I’d Like To Bitch-Slap The Academy.

I don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to the Academy voters. But first, I'd probably burn my clothes.

These are the folks that didn’t nominate The Town, my favorite film of 2010, for best picture, and I’m still thoroughly pissed about it. So tomorrow night, I won’t be watching the Oscars, I’ll be watching the Oscar, because the only category that matters to me now is Best Screenplay Based on Material Previously Published. And my favorite writer is nominated: Aaron Sorkin (that’s my hero, pictured, above.)

No one writes better dialogue than Aaron, and he did a phenomenal job on The Social Network. (Here’s a great article/interview with him in New York Magazine.) He deserves many Oscars in his lifetime, so I'm pulling hard for the first one.

Calming breath.