Thursday, November 4, 2010

It’s Over, Johnny.

Last May, I got herbs and vegetables to plant in the back yard. I planted corn as well, so I could better understand the music of John Mellencamp.

Meanwhile, I’m not exactly sure what possessed my neighbors across the street to stick their favorite, local candidate’s placard in my front yard, but they’ve apparently got just humungous balls.

I don’t know a thing about John Stammreich – except that his last name sounds like a concentration camp where several of my relatives would have been gassed – but he was now going to have to lose, because my idiot neighbors put me in an awkward position.

I didn’t want to get into a feud with them, but I think any political swag is just a bull’s-eye on my house for any crazy person, and it had to go. What to do?

I figured I’d sleep on it. And then the next morning I tore the thing to shreds.

Here’s the best part: John Stammreich lost Tuesday night – to a dead woman. Jenny Oropeza, his opponent, died from an abdominal blood clot last week, and she still kicked his ass.

Well-run campaign, dude.