Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Motleyest Crew.

The trouble with dealing with crazy people is that they're not crazy all the time.

Ladies and gentleman, meet the Degenerate Actor Friends.

I've blogged about the DAF in the past, but didn’t want to post a pic of them until they were half presentable. Finally, the occasion arose at our friend’s wedding over the weekend, and now I can offer up a quick bio on each of them.

That’s me, front and center, and flanking me, left to right:

Jeff Schine, actor. The youngest of us, I wouldn’t blame Jeff if he uses us to scare himself straight. We’re the ghosts of degenerate future.

Brian Jacobs, actor. Brian’s day-job is working kids’ birthdays as a magician, and as an actor he got to mess with Sasquatch in one of the Jack Link’s beef jerky commercials. He’ll have arguably the most interesting tax form occupation-column come April.

Mocean Melvin, voiceover artist. If you’ve been watching the baseball playoffs, you’ve heard Mocean voicing the YP/Yellow Pages commercials that run about a hundred times each game. I haven’t choked Mocean for that yet, so I must really like both the commercials and him.

Bru Muller, actor. Bru has the best résumé of the group. He also has the most TVs that should legally be allowed inside one apartment. I did the math, and it’s 17½ feet of plasma.

Aina, Bru’s girlfriend. She’s the newest addition to the bunch, and an instant homerun with us. She’s perfected impersonating my laugh, and given me a complex over it. Bru will never date anyone as cool as her.

Kirk Dauer. Actor and director. Lately, Kirk’s been traveling the world shooting a documentary about beer. He’s the only one of us who drinks or is married. Not saying there’s a correlation.

Emily, Kirk’s wife. Actually, Kirk is very happily married, and Emily, who sat next to me at the reception, was kind enough to let me riff to her all night. Sympathy laughter is still laughter.

Ted Gianopolis, director, editor, cinematographer, photographer, actor. It’s amazing he finds time to be the angriest Greek dude I’ve ever met.