Friday, October 15, 2010

Guess Who I Got In The Divorce?

Kids have it so easy today; I went to school in an empty carton of Pall Malls.

At least that’s what ran through my mind when I became a dad for the second time on Monday. Sorta.

I had an audition for Little Caesar’s Pizza, and was paired up with none other than my daughter from a commercial we shot together, for Hallmark. That’s her above, wondering with me how the hell her and her brother could have sprung from such a blonde mom.

Our audition this week felt like the band had never broken up. We nailed it, and as we walked out of the casting office. I told her I’d see her at the callback. And we did just that – both of us were called back on Wednesday.

It astounding odds that of all the actors and child actors in this town, the two of us became father and daughter once again. Though not nearly as astounding as me ever becoming a father in real life.