Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Stunt Double.

I’ve come to the realization that my career might move along faster if I just agreed to work for no money while topless.

Or, I could be inspired by my post yesterday and create my own luck. I recently wrote a quick short film that involved a romantic chase between a man and a woman on a city street, and a director I recently met named Kevin “KJ” Johnson wants to take it and turn it into a promo for the Los Angeles Times. And he wants me to play one of the leads.

Working with KJ is a double-bonus, because 1) he’s former college baseball player, and I firmly believe athletes make the best filmmakers, and 2) thanks to him I acquire a new black friend. Talk about street cred – KJ just shot a new Snoop Dogg video up in San Francisco.

We shoot our promo next week, and yesterday had a pre-production run-through. Above is my stunt double, catching so much air I tore an ACL just watching him. Pretty first rate – and no toplessness.