Monday, August 30, 2010

Best Of Luck.

I drove across country once, and it took me five years. For real. It included living a year in one city, and three in another. What I learned was this: you can tell a lot about a place by how well its Wal-Mart is run.

Speaking of long road trips, leaving LA for the first time and moving to Nashville is Laura, the main agent at my commercial agency. It’s a pretty bold move, considering Laura, one of the most respected agents in town, only visited Nashville once, for a weekend, and fell in love with it so much that she decided to drop everything and just go.

I’ve seen this particular itch before. People who grow up in LA sometimes have no idea that is the best city on earth, and need to go elsewhere to find out for themselves. Happens every time.

Don’t get me wrong – Laura deserves to be happy, and while she’s admittedly nervous about making such a spontaneous life choice, I admire her for it. Between heart and brains, the heart always wins. Or should.