Thursday, July 29, 2010

This Time, I Get Paid To Put People To Sleep.

My friend Pat came out to LA from New York this past week, and we talked about some of the things we’ve learned as fellow bloggers, maybe the most interesting being the ease we have in sharing anything from our lives online.

So I fell asleep on my girlfriend during sex one night in college. She was steamed. And she made me pay for it by dating me for another three years.

Never underestimate the importance of a good night’s rest. I sure don’t, and I found out yesterday that I booked a role in an infomercial for Alteril, a natural sleep aid. I’ll play a mechanic, who talks up the drug from an automotive garage.

A couple of cool things: first, I got to put my new grad skills to use as the audition was all improv. And second, the infomercial will be hosted by Chuck Woolery. I like that dude.

So look for me when you ironically lay in bed, unable to sleep, and watch infomercials. And if I’m passed out in that bed next to you, sorry honey. Try to keep the volume down.