Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nerd Alert.

This much I know: don’t expect to impart or receive knowledge in 140 characters or less.

That said, with an upcoming appearance on “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader,” I’m taking this opportunity very seriously, and have been spending hours each day at Barnes & Noble studying everything I can get my hands on.

After TiVoing the show, I’ve found the questions to be far above fifth-grade level, so I’m learning more than any man should know about biology, astronomy, geography (specifically African, which comes up a bunch), and history.

I’m not sure when I’ll be taping (I believe they go on hiatus after this weekend, so it may be after that), but if it means the difference between winning six figures and not, I’ll cram until I self-combust, like Duran Duran in the mid-'80s. So come say hi, and bring a snack.