Saturday, June 5, 2010

Worth TiVo-ing.

Whenever I watch the MTV Movie Awards, I feel three pounds lighter. Probably because it bores the shit out of me. And I’ve had a big lunch.

But I may have to give it one more shot tomorrow night after Aziz Ansari, this year’s Movie Awards host, showed up before the improv shows I attended Thursday night and tried out some material he wants to use.

One story he told: while out at a club, Aziz sat at a table next to 50 Cent, who ordered a grapefruit and soda, and when it arrived, 50 Cent said the greatest thing ever: “Why isn’t this purple?”

Aziz realized 50 Cent has been so rich for so long, that he doesn’t even know what a grapefruit is. He probably just thinks all fruits have fruit in their name: grape fruit, apple fruit, pear fruit, etc.

I say record the award show, and watch Aziz only. Unless you’re looking for a heavy cleanse.