Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Weekend At Matty’s 3.

I realized yesterday I hadn’t posted about one more event from last month’s jam-packed weekend. So this entry isn’t 100% fresh, but hopefully worth the read. The blog equivalent of the day-old bread rack.

I hang with a very tight bunch here in L.A. We spend all the big events together, including a bris or two. Nothing bonds faster than watching your friend’s son get his peep sliced.

There are about 30 of us total, and for some odd reason more than half of us were born in May. So we celebrate the birthdays all at once with the May Baby Party.

My friends Jeff and Beth hosted this year’s get-together. Jeff, who has some kickass cooking skills, manned the grill and served up extra yummy food, while everyone else went pot luck crazy. It was the best.

Is it always easy here, pursuing my dream? Ah, no. But it’s a hell of lot better having a support system that’s honest and considerate and more fun than a pants-full of ferrets. Thanks, guys.