Monday, June 21, 2010

A Table Read. No, Really.

Reality show producers. Nobody has ever been worse at their job, in any vocation – not even the people who work at Home Depot selling Christmas trees.

These jamokers slap together “television” so patently offensive that it’s my pleasure to portray one of these skunks in the pilot presentation I booked.

I attended the table read for the show, and it made me even more excited to be a part of this project. My cast mates are hilarious, and we instantly bonded. The producers and director really knew their stuff, and fed us lots of candy (for which I man-hugged each and every one of them.)

In my excitement and haste, however, I forgot to snap a photo of the actual read, so the above innocuous shot I took of the production company’s exit will have to do for visual aid (my friend Beth has a theory that without photographic proof, an event never occurred.) I must say, we are talking about some fine Beverly Hills craftsmanship right there. Nothing but top-shelf glass doors for my sitcom. Let’s see a show like “Studs” beat that.