Friday, May 7, 2010

The Weekend’s Here And We’ll Have A Can Of Beer.

Is it possible to top the greatness of last weekend? It started with a nice dinner out on Friday, and, 16 orgasms later – 2½ of them mine – ended with a big win for my ball club.

I will best it, or die trying.

First off, it’s my friend Bru’s birthday, so we’re getting the boys together to see Iron Man 2 tonight at ArcLight Cinema. There’s no bigger nerd-alert than an opening night at ArcLight, the only theater in Hollywood, where they’ll go all out and display the Iron Man suit like they did two years ago, when the original premiered. I’m sure the Prince of Persia wardrobe will be there at the end of May as well. Speaking of which, I hear Jake Gyllenhaal got really into character for that film by wearing way too much cologne.

Tomorrow kicks off early with a workshop featuring the casting director for the new “Rockford Files.” It’s one of only two reincarnations of shows cool enough to get me out of bed early on a Saturday. You’re damn right the other one is “Webster.”

Don’t forget Mother’s Day is Sunday. I’ve already got it covered – I sent the Octomom 14 cards this morning.

Have a kickass one.