Saturday, May 8, 2010

Anybody Hiring The Bipolar?

I’ve blogged from time to time about the last boss I had at the last regular job I worked. I could curse more about him, or get specific about the day he fired me (or as it's more commonly known in my house, “Independence Day”), but instead I’ll put it quite simply: he’s a really bad guy.

Part of what made him a colossally douchey leader was that he hated his career, so in between yelling at me until his eyes turned bloodshot, he saved up all the cash the company was overpaying him, retired early and opened a bar in Cabo. Of course, the place quickly went in the toilet, which was nice, considering I hate him more than Heidi Montag hates dignity.

Speaking of dignity, this animal has none, seeing as he desperately wants back into the field he loathes so much. He just sent out the following email, which was forwarded to me:

Subject: Hola
So I was reading an article on Yahoo! that said the way to get a job wasn’t by sending out hundreds of resumes, but to talk to your friends and colleagues. It said, what many small business owners already know, word of mouth is the best form of advertising. So, I’m asking for your help. I’m looking for work. I’m enclosing my website address so everyone can see the work, as well as the resume and cover letter. Check out the work. If you don’t like it, don’t recommend me. If you do, please do. Maybe you know somebody that knows somebody that has a friend that knows a guy that needs somebody. Spread the word, make a call, send an e-mail. Send several e-mails. Hell dozens. I will appreciate it. Greatly and forever. The current unemployment rate is around 10%. Together, we can get that number down to 9.999999999%.

One more thing: Don’t you occasionally get those chain letter e-mails from friends, where you have to send it to 10 other friends or face bad luck for the next two lifetimes? You hate it, but you do it. This is kind of like that. I’m a friend asking you to do something you really don’t want to do, but think maybe you should.


Thank you and take care,

Kevin


Grovel much? Best of luck, ace.