Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekend At Matty’s 2.

Anyone know where I can find out more about celebrities I've never heard of doing non-newsworthy things, besides everywhere?

I prefer my stars be A-list. And Saturday night, I knew exactly where to find them: the MacGruber screening/after-party at the Roosevelt Hotel. Wingman Mike, who’s friends with Will Forte, invited me to join him, and it was some damn good Hollywood elbow-rubbing. Will, by the way, is the nicest guy, and it was all the more evidenced by the people that came out to support him – not just his present and former SNL cast mates, but big hosts as well: Jon Hamm, Paul Rudd, James Franco.

See his film.

So, now, we here we are – a three-day weekend. Plans for me include dinner with the boys. We’re not sure where yet, but my friend Al has strictly requested “no gay food.” It's unclear what on earth that even means.

Wishing you all a Memorial Day weekend so amazing, you’ll have absolutely no memory of it.
-Matthew