Sunday, May 16, 2010

I’ve Got Good News And Good News. Which Do You Want First?

There is no better moment for an actor than the second the phone rings and he finds out he booked a role. That moment happened for me two nights ago, and I wanted to kiss it, or take it home and throw it in bed with me.

The good news and good news are that I booked roles in both a commercial and print campaign for a new game for Wii that shoots tomorrow and Wednesday. It’s a kids game, and I’m under a non-disclosure agreement about it until it all airs, so I can’t get into details. But I can say I play a dad, which means I get a whole new family to replace my Hallmark family. Which is great – Hallmark family was really starting to cramp my style.

This is the sixth commercial I’ve booked, and the third since August. I’m really happy about that – work begets work, and here’s hoping I get into the double digits soon. I do, of course, see the great irony in me gladly accepting handfuls of cash to be a dad on TV, when there isn’t enough money in the world to make me be one in real life. Thank you, showbiz.