Thursday, April 1, 2010

Whose Line Is It? Mine.

If I’d had only one New Year’s resolution for 2010, it would have been to do a better job keeping up with the Kardashians.

But if I had a second, it would be to finally take an improv class. It’s one thing to riff long-form in this blog, but I’ve been wanting to challenge myself in real time. And last night I went ahead and did just that, by taking my first class at the hottest improv theater in town: Upright Citizens Brigade.

It was an absolute rush. My classmates are super talented and hilarious, and after three hours of all kinds of stories and rants, I know them very well. (Biggest lesson: having roommates really sucks shit.)

So if you bump into me, feel free to throw a scenario or occupation at me and let me have it. Possible suggestion: cobbler and all cobbler-related merchandise.