Friday, April 2, 2010

Best Of Luck.

I suppose my friend/acting classmate MJ could be cooler. Besides being a talented actress, she could reapportion congressional seats. Or make sure Steven Seagal never-never-never makes another blues album.

But perhaps her best quality is her choice in men – her husband is Steve Lavin, former UCLA basketball head coach and ESPN announcer. The sports geek in me combusts whenever I see her, and I relay messages to Steve, who has the uncanny ability to be the play-by-play guy whenever my team, Maryland pulls off a big upset. The Terps bitchslap Duke? Steve is there.

This week, Steve decided to return to coaching, accepting a job at St. John’s University. Which means that MJ is moving to New York, and I hate when LA people leave for that horrendous place.

Don’t be trading in the acting career for that bouquet of roses, girl. I’ll look for you on no less than seven “Law & Order” incarnations. Have fun.