Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happening In Vegas.

My first trip to Las Vegas was a real doozey: my big brother’s bachelor party. I learned that a weekend there with a bunch of guys can shift from amazing to dangerous very quickly. It was like a scene from one of those action movies where everything's going great for the first 30 minutes, and then bad things start happening to the good guys. But before it happens, they throw in the happy dinner montage. That was us.

I’ve enjoyed going there many times since then with my friend Jeff. This week, however, Jeff is in Sin City on business – he’s a creative director at Active Storage, a company that does high-end digital storage for broadcast and post-production, and the NAB convention is happening this week. Jeff, the ultimate wingman and friend extraordinaire, chose to use my film, The Beneficiary, as an example of content for storage at his company’s booth. So in between collecting chachkis and lapdances, the convention’s attendees can get a nice dose of culture in the form of me. It’s an honor.

Thanks, Jeff. Your ride home from the airport is comped.