Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Somebody Stop Me.

Anybody else get a big kick out of their car reaching an odometer milestone? I can’t quite explain why it gives me a nipple hardon, and it really shouldn’t, because more mileage just means more maintenance. I’ve been consulting the owner’s manual way too frequently lately, and let me tell you – a book hasn’t given me this much trouble since Where’s Waldo went to that barber pole factory.

But there I was, keeping my eyes off the road as I passed 140K last night. It’s astounding how much this career puts me on the road, like the day I auditioned to play the hot sauce bottle. It was followed by a second audition, a friend’s movie premiere and a casting workshop. Total damage: 127 miles.

That’s nine miles shorter than a trip from my place to Tijuana. Nine miles! So I hope you all understand when I chuck it all one day and begin chasing my new dream: Mexican drug mule.