Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Once Again, Namedropping.

Yesterday, I boldly went where no man has ever gone before – but a lot of smokin' babes probably have: William Shatner’s private office.

I was there with my friend/super event coordinator Risa to record another voiceover for the upcoming Winter Olympics.

By the way, I realize I shouldn’t be too starstruck with these folks, seeing as I’m going to eventually be working with them, but it’s nice to meet them in pressure-free settings. I’m also in the middle of writing my next film, and the next one, and it certainly doesn’t hurt to feel a connection with some talent.

William was funny and cool, and pretty spry for a 78 year old. He was fascinated by the DAR device we used to record him, and claimed he loved high-tech gadgets but never had any idea how to use them. It was right then that I realized who he reminded me of: my dad.

On the obligatory matter of his hairpiece, I stood right over William and got a good look, and it seemed to me that he’d upgraded to a very well-done hair transplant. TJ Hooker is a stud.