Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Audition.

Money is a good thing. Someday I plan on making enough of it to keep a fat lawyer on retainer, just in case I kill a prostitute.

But doing quality work is also a good thing. And when I read a scene featuring a missionary who helps stop human trafficking by rescuing kidnapped women, I looked forward to auditioning. Which I did, last Friday.

The director and producer liked my performance, and then asked me to read for the role of a bad guy in the film who is physically and sexually abusive.

When I finished, they asked me which role I preferred, and I told them that I’m not a fan of being mean to women. (In spite of my proclivity for dead prostitute references.)

The producer called me yesterday. I got the role. Of the bad guy.

I shoot one day later this month, and I’m going to have to start familiarizing myself with sexual assault. Maybe I’ll friend Roman Polanski on Facebook.