Thursday, September 17, 2009

Special Guest Blogger: My College Roommate.

Up early to shoot a scene today, so turning over the reins to my friend Gregg, who left this great comment regarding the monkey-mask guy:

I have two comments about gorilla suits:

1) I think that a gorilla suit is something that every man should invest in, kind of like a tuxedo (a.k.a. a "monkey suit"). It is classic, always a hit. Really never goes out of style. I am surprised that Armani X and Hugo Boss do not have a line. In short, a gorilla suit is a solid investment.

2) I have been tracking the price of gorilla suits on ebay for several years now. They appear to be a pretty perfect commodity. All pretty much the same. There are a lot of them. All priced pretty much the same. Naturally there is a seasonality to the price of gorilla suits. That is, the price increases Sept. to Oct., then falls off. However, there isn't really as drastic a decline as you might see in January Santa suits.

I've also noticed a marked difference in pricing over the last two Septembers. Around $90 to $100 for the commodity crap quality gorilla suit last year, a little less this year. Point is, I think that if you adjust for seasonality, gorilla suits may be a good leading indicator of the market.

Thoughts? Nobel Prize in economics material?