Monday, August 10, 2009

My Kickass Weekend.

Productive work, a nice honor and the Boston Massacre. You can’t mess with success any more than you can polish a turd (though I did catch a “Mythbusters” episode in which they prove you can, in fact, polish a turd.)

I spent all day Friday doing more work on my acting reel with my friend Bru and Loren the Editor. It couldn’t have been a more testosterone-filled afternoon. There was show-and-tell, featuring Loren’s .9mm shotgun, and the sharing of personal exploits so blue I can’t even restate them on the Internet. It was degenerates’ delight. And yes, they’re single, ladies.

Afterwards I did some writing while I watched ARod hit a two-run blast in the fifteenth to beat the hapless, lifeless, run-less Red Sox in game two of the four-game series. Give that man whatever he wants, Kate Hudson.

Saturday morning, the second round of an an 8-week workshop with big-time casting directors Rick Pagano and Russell Boast. They’re really helping me reach my full potential as an actor. Then raced home to catch CC shut down the tainted-title-winning Red Sox. Soup to nuts. It’s good to be the king.

Later, I went to the HollyShorts Film Festival, where my film was closing out the night. It was nice to get the band back together (above, is director Ted Melfi, cinematographer Mateo Londono and me.) Seeing my film on the big screen at one of my favorite theaters in L.A. – the Sunset Laemmle – was a real thrill, and Ted and I did our best to handle a post-screening Q&A (I’m battling laryngitis.) We then hit an after-party at a sushi joint. The hits just keep on coming.

Sunday, the Yankees make it a four-game sweep of the mystery-supplement-taking Red Sox with a come-from-behind win. I bar-hop on Sunset afterwards and wonder is there any guy on the planet more on top of the world?

Then my little brother sent me this shot from his $1250 seat at Yankee Stadium. I love him, and I hate him: