Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summertime In L.A.

Thoughts on my favorite city, Larry King style:

By the beach, where I live, not only is it cool enough in the summer that no one has A/C in their home, but I haven’t had to open my windows at night yet… Yesterday, drove past and snapped the above pic of a pretty bitchin’ brush fire that forced the Getty Center museum to evacuate… The Michael Jackson memorial went off without a hitch, and the city’s very proud. The Laker championship, not so much… Much classier team coming to town this weekend, with my Yanks playing three at the Big A. Derek Jeter, call me on the celly… Speaking of the MJ memorial, I really dug John Mayer’s instrumental version of “Human Nature.” Very tasteful… In the middle of a workshop with a very good casting director last night, all the power in Santa Monica went out. My Blackberry impressively lit up the whole room. There’s no doubt that keeping that thing in my back pocket is going to give me serious butt cancer… Good celebrity sighting: Cheryl Hines of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” outside a casting office in deep conversation with a dude. She’s hot… New couple moved in upstairs– both ER docs – and their first day here, water suddenly started dripping through my ceiling. I ran upstairs, knocked on their door, and it took the dude a good, long time to finally answer the door. The chick confided in me yesterday that they were taking a bath together. Oops.