Friday, July 10, 2009

My Writing Schedule.

Some days, the writing process is so rewarding, it’s like being in a Vicodin haze. Most days, however, it’s more like the maximum-security wing at Chino.

I’ve been working on my next film, a feature. Here’s a breakdown of what I accomplished yesterday:

9 a.m. – Teeth brushed, at the computer, ready to go.

9:30 a.m. – I blow away my BrickBreaker record.

10:45 a.m. – Petey goes to his basket, picks out his blue bowling pin, and starts in with me. I never back down from a fight.

11:30 a.m. – Brunch.

12 p.m. – Lunch.

12:35 p.m. – Watch the end of the Yankee game. Tex hits one out late. Should go back to work, but it would be rude not to listen to his post-game interview.

2 p.m. – “Law & Order” on TNT. Gotta see if Hang ‘Em McCoy gets his man.

3 p.m. – Turns out it’s a double shot of “Law & Order.” And that never happens.

4 p.m. – Check my script’s format. Which makes me then google the word “format.” I read a long article on formatting a hard drive on a PC. I have a Mac.

4:30 p.m. – I literally yank my hair in frustration. Then realize I need a haircut.

5:05 p.m. – I get a haircut.

6 p.m. – My workshop is cancelled. More time to write. I spend it purging my email inbox.

8 p.m. – Watch the youtube video featuring the squirrel that got drunk after eating fermented pumpkins like nine times.

1 a.m. – Write half a page, then too tired to work. I lay down for a 7-hour nap.

Look for the movie at the end of the summer. Summer, 2016.