Monday, April 13, 2009

Sorry, Cindy.

My little brother has a great theory about how you can tell what year a guy’s life peaked by the way he dresses on casual Friday. Acid-wash jeans and a rugby shirt? You rocked in '87, big guy.

I’m proud of the fact that my life has never reached its peak. In fact, I can’t name the greatest day I’ve ever had. But I know that there are a bunch of great days ahead – like when I book a role on a major sitcom. My friend Cindy Drummond did, playing Ryan’s mom on “The Office.” Unfortunately, if you tuned in, all you saw was the above, non-spoken scene, of Cindy picking up Ryan after work. Her lines were edited out.

We know as actors this is unavoidable, but it sucks donkey nonetheless. Cindy was mostly bummed that her nephew told his entire dormitory to watch, and she didn’t make it on.

I tried to give her the good pep-talk, urging her to realize she still beat out hundreds of actresses to land this role on a hit TV show, and she understands that. But while it looks good on a resumé, it still feels like ass. Hang in there, C.