Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Today’s Acting Glossary: Call Sheet.

Times in Hollywood get any leaner , and I’m gonna list my shoulder MRI on my résumé as a film credit.

The economy is kicking show business’ ass, and that, combined with the push toward more reality shows, and the dreaded Leno 10 o’clock timeslot, has made it a challenging TV season for actors. And all the more special that my friend Cindy booked a role on “The Office” and shot it yesterday.

Pictured above, is the call sheet for Cindy’s shoot. It’s printed out daily (on blue paper denoting it’s the final version) and filled with anything and everything everyone in the crew and cast will ever need: location address, parking instructions, weather, every name associated and each name’s respective start time. Plus a handy reminder about daylight savings. I checked to see if the recipe for my mom’s chocolate-chip meringue cookies was on there. It was.

Cindy’s not yet sure when the episode, called “The Michael Scott Paper Company,” will air, but I’ll mention when it’s coming up. She play’s Ryan’s mom, which may mean her character will recur. Excellent job, Cindy. And let’s get that economy fixed, Barry O.