Friday, January 16, 2009

This Entry May Be Used As A Floatation Device.



Whenever flight attendants drone on about safety features, we tune out. Jutifiably. I mean, when you’re flying anywhere in the continental U.S., you’re a heckuva less likely to land in water than you are to become a charcoal briquette.

That said, the next thing you know, your plane is taking a bath in the Hudson River.

My neighbor mentioned to me yesterday that she flies all the time, but never actually listens to flight attendants’ monologues. Then I told her that I actually did listen recently. Even better, I watched it, during a flight on the Greatest Airline – Virgin America – because Virgin took the time to create (or I assume asked their ad agency to create) a video that would be fun and unique and get passengers to pay attention. They run it on the personal TVs at the beginning of every flight.

Crafting, Jerry. Crafting. And now we’ll all be prepared in the event a flock of Canadian geese go kamikazi on our engines after takeoff. Click above, and enjoy.