Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Must Take His Job.

While I still stay by the phone every June, hoping the Yankees will decide to take a chance on me in the 79th round, starring on a sitcom would be the second greatest job I could ever have.

And speaking of sitcoms, I wish gypsies had switched me at birth with Jim Parsons, star of "Big Bang Theory". I’ve mentioned in the past how much I love the show, and a few nights ago I had the nerdy, mind-blowing privilege of attending a screening of an episode followed by a Q&A with Jim at SAG headquarters.

Jim was massively intelligent, yet had the right amount of self-deprecation. He mentioned he was just as “broken” as the rest of us actors, and it got a nice laugh. Since he’s become the breakout star of "Big Bang", his intricate physics rants have grown into full-fledged monologues, and because the show tapes on Tuesday nights, Jim’s entire weekends consist of being shut in, memorizing lines. And for a broken guy like me, that is pure heaven.

Watch his show, and support one of the good guys.