Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Come For The Soliloquy. Stay For The “Noonan!”.

Last night, I went to Boardner’s, a classic, old bar in Hollywood, where on the back patio on Tuesday nights, actors get up and perform Shakespearean scenes. Though my familiarity with Shakespeare doesn’t extend far past the “Witch’s Tangled Hare” Bugs Bunny episode, I had a bitchin’ time.

Making the night all the much cooler was getting to hang with the master of ceremonies, Scott Colomby, pictured above. Scott had a classic role in a very classic movie: he was D’Annunzio, in Caddyshack. I almost went Tom Cruise couch on him.

Scott performed a very funny scene he wrote, in which Hamlet and King Lear attempt to upstage each other, then got on stage played drums and sang with his rock/blues band, twice blowing the doors off the dump.

Hollywood, California– have I told you lately that I love you?