Sunday, May 25, 2008

Before You Read Below, See If You Can Guess Who This Actor Is.

My friend asked me a great question yesterday: would I rather be a successful working actor who is recognized from time to time, or so hugely famous that I’m swarmed Brad Pitt style. For me, it’s a no-brainer– I would love to see what scary famous is like. Any actor who tells you otherwise is probably full of it.

I prefaced my answer with this, however: the most important thing for me right now is to stretch my range as an actor. That’s why I still go to class, and why I love to challenge myself. The fame will naturally come as a result of the range.

Oh yeah– the guy in the above picture, playing George W. Bush, is Josh Brolin. I was shocked when I found out. Speaking of range, in the past year, Josh went from dirty New York cop in American Gangster, to Texas vet running for his life in No Country For Old Men, to small-town police captain in In The Valley of Elah. Next he'll be W., in a new film by Oliver Stone.

Now, I know that my Republican friends think that a George W. biopic by Oliver Stone sounds as ludicrous as a health-and-beauty book by Amy Winehouse, but I can’t wait to check it out. I’ll have my personal assistant reserve 12 seats– including one for the midget in my posse.