Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Word About Showbiz.

Last month, I had an audition for a commercial featuring a funny dialogue between two guys. I did my thing, got a laugh from the room full of advertising people and the director, and got a callback. I did my same thing during the callback, and never heard from them again.

Is rejection a part of my life? Is Eliot Spitzer sleeping on the couch? I get turned down daily, and it doesn't deter me one bit. I'll never give up, because I know I'm always one phone call away from winning the lottery.

So catch this: today I bumped into the director from that audition, and he told me that the reason I didn't book the commercial was because I looked too similar to the guy playing opposite me, and they chose to go with a blonde actor for some distinction. So it turns out I did my job and was good, and that's a win.

But if you happen to see me at CVS tomorrow picking up a bottle of Clairol Nice 'n Easy #98 Extra Light Neutral Blonde, it's for a friend.