Monday, March 24, 2008

This Is My Lincoln Memorial.

I grew up in New York, but I'll take Los Angeles over it any day of the week. If you bash L.A., them's fightin' words.

There are those that say this town has no history, and they are wrong. There's plenty, just not of the 200-year-old variety.

Thrice a week, on my way to casting workshops, I pass by the place pictured above. It was originally Charlie Chaplin's studios, built back in the 20s. Eventually, it became A&M Records, and it was here that the song "We Are the World" was recorded.

Today, it's Jim Henson Studios, home of the Muppets. And in a nice tribute, that's Kermit, above the front gate, dressed as Charlie Chaplin. Also cool: Charlie's old house, which was on the corner, is now a restaurant.

If that doesn't float your boat about L.A., fine. Come visit and I'll show you where Eddie Murphy tried to pick up a tranny.